About Hair Massacure
Event Day – February 21, 2020
Once again, West Edmoton Mall has generously donated the use of the Ice Palace to Hair Massacure. We couldn’t do it without them! This is where you come to drop off donations, shave or donate your hair and celebrate with other participants and the general public. There will be entertainment, activities, and our pink photobooth! Schools and large groups must book a shave or donation time 1-800-267-9474.
Here’s the Scoop – Top 10 things you need to know
10. …Initiated in 2003 as the “St.Valentine’s Day Hair Massacre” by the MacDonald family, inspired by two year-old daughter Kali, a leukemia patient. Kali is now a healthy 19 year old who represented by the “Kali Bear” and “Kali Pink”. All members of the family continue to nurture and support their successful event.
9. …is a massive unique head-shaving event at West Edmonton Mall Ice Palace attracting participants from all walks of life to honour the journey of sick children losing their hair due to chemotherapy.
8. …welcomed over 1800 participants “Proud Victims”and 29 schools to our 15th anniversary event in 2017, bringing our grand total to $12,000,000.00
7. …is generously supported by 400 volunteers annually and a dedicated group of “Captains” who greatly assist with supporting the development and operation of this multi faceted event.
6. …collects 60 lbs of hair each year, to be made into wigs for local children.
5. …has hosted Edmonton professional sports teams including the Oilers, Eskimos, Rush, Oil Kings and FC Edmonton. Many of these players have succumbed to the clippers!
4. …has used thousands of bottles of salon grade Paul Mitchel pink and Manic Panic’s Hot Hot Pink rebranded as ‘Kali Pink” to Paint Alberta over the past twelve years.
3. …has a participant base of all demographics and all ages making Hair Massacure a unique event.
2. …has raised over $12 million since 2003. Hair Massacure is proudly supported by the people!
…and the number one fact you need to know about Hair Massacure is that we:
1. …support outstanding local charities focusing on children with cancer and life-threatening medical conditions.